Established by Dr. Patangrao Kadam in 1964 in Pune, Bharati Vidyapeeth is one of the largest educational institution networks in India that solely focuses on bringing about intellectual awakening of people and preparing minds that can successfully contribute in developing the nation, with major emphasis given to economic development. The motto of Bharati Vidyapeeth is ' Social Transformation through Dynamic Education'.
During the last 54 years, Bharati Vidyapeeth has made astonishing strides in the field of education, particularly, higher and professional education. Today Bharati Vidyapeeth conducts more than 156 educational units of various kinds, right from pre-primary schools to postgraduate institutions and a full-fledged professional university (BVDU).
26th April 1996 was the moment of crowning glory in the life of Bharati Vidyapeeth, as well as, of Dr. Kadam. It was the day the Government of India, on the recommendation of the University Grants Commission, granted the status of "Deemed to be University" to a cluster of 12 institutions of Bharati Vidyapeeth in appreciation of their academic excellence. It was the day of a dream comes true for Dr. Kadam who cherished the ambition of gaining the stature of a university for Bharati Vidyapeeth since its inception. Thus, Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) came into existence on that day.
Unlike most of the Deemed Universities in the country, Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) is perhaps one of the largest multi-disciplinary and multi-campus Universities, presently having under its umbrella 32 colleges and institutions of various disciplines.
Within a period of twenty-two years Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) has established its credentials and reputation as a leading private University in the country. Taking advantage of the autonomy which it has and the flexibility that it can offer, this University has introduced numerous innovative academic programmes and activities.
Distinctive Features of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University)
- 'A+' Accreditation (Third Cycle) by 'NAAC' in 2017
- Category-I Deemed to be University Grade by UGC
- 66th Rank among Universities by NIRF-2018
- 'A' Grade by Ministry of HRD, Government of India
- Accredited & Re-Accredited With 'A' Grade by 'NAAC' in 2004 & 2011
- Among Top 10 Universities preferred by Overseas Students
- Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) & Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- All professional programmes are approved by respective Statutory Councils
- 29 Constituent Units spread over 8 Campuses
- 12 Faculties offering 324 Programmes
- 23000+ Students & 1600+ Teachers
- Students from almost all the states in India & from 48 countries.
Today, Bharati Vidyapeeth has its major campuses in New Delhi, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Solapur, Kolhapur, Sangli, Karad, Satara, and Panchgani and at quite a few other places and runs more than 78 schools and 60 institutions of higher education, including those of professional education that have enhanced the lives of over 1.5 million past and present students.We are proud to be one of the standard bearers of Bharati Vidyapeeth’s foray into new, emerging fields of education.